I use chickens too. If you get the bantams you can let
them range around your house for slugs and other
garden pests. They're very effective and I don't have
to use chemicals. The only problem I have is that they
don't like to go all the way out to where my steer is
because there isn't adequate cover from hawks, so he
still suffers from flies.

Blackbelly-blackbellysheep.info@lists.blackbellysheep.info

> you need lots of roosters.  we keep 35-40 around the
> horse barn and have
> very few bugs period.  oh did i mention we don't
> feed those roos,
> they've got to scratch for a living.
> sue

Heather Sharfeddin, Author of Blackbelly
A contemporary western novel that traces the consequences of a crime of bigotry