Barb,
Julian is right about what he said. We do ours all the time ourselves. Ted
is constantly sharpening that knife!!!!!We have 2 posts in the ground and a
board across the top. We use Rachet tie downs to hoist the carcass up so we
can do the skinning and necessary preparation outside. We use the hose to
clean off the carcass ( Julian - a power washer would be excellent to have
for that!!). Then we have a chain with a hook in our shop which we can hoist
up again to do the actual butchering. We usually start in the early morning
when it is cool out. We usually take out the loins and then just quarter the
carcass and lay it in a freezer to cool it down so we can do the rest of the
butchering. It does take time but it is well worth it. We grind up our own
ground lamb and cut our roasts, etc. The only thing Ted says we really need
to invest in is a new meat saw!!!!

Good luck in your endeavor - it's well worht it. Sue