Sue,

Ted is sharpening the knife!!  How come you're not hoppin' in there!
<VBG!>  Just kidding!  I still run and hide for the actual shot, but
after that, I was all over it.

Bob got me a special little skinning knife with a replaceable blade,
which I hope is sharpen-able.  It certainly did an excellent job, but it
was slowing down at the end.  The hunting knife that I used, I thought
had been professionally sharpened, then unused, but the point would
barely pierce the hide, so yes, all the tool will be gone over before
cutting and honed during.  My kitchen knives won't cut a tomato skin!
<VBG!>

We have a barn with a loft, and a 1/2 ton electric chain hoist that runs
out the front on a trolley.  We call it our Geezer Barn.  Got too old
for packing sacks of feed up the ladder, over the shoulder!  That was
the clear deal for this job.

Because we're so stuck on spring grassfed meat, we really do have an
issue with the weather, and our new cooling setup seems to work
perfectly.  But that leaves us in the dilemma of needing a 3rd freezer -
one dedicated for cooling.

We also got a heavy duty grinder some time ago.  This will be our first
chance to use it.  Have a sausage recipe all picked out!  MMM!!

Barb