Cecil,

Sounds like a good remedy.  Where can you buy straight permethrin?

One minor clarification just in case anyone is actually tempted to use
Frontline on their sheep ( doubtful since it is so expensive, but
thought this was worth mentioning anyway)... Frontline is different
than permethrin - active ingredient in Frontline is called fipronil.
Have no idea how safe fipronil is in sheep - anyone tried it? Seems
pretty safe for cats and dogs.

Permethrin is one of the active ingredients in Advantix, which works
great for fleas and ticks in dogs.  Also expensive.  Note: PERMETHRIN
IS FATAL TO CATS!!!

Respectfully yours,
Stephanie
Frederick, MD