We use goat/sheep wire on the perimeter of the property but electric fence
within the perimeter to make different pastures and keep them off our garden
and yard.  This works for MOST of the sheep but we have had some lambs that,
even if doused with water, just went right under it.  We even doused one
with water and physically held his nose to the wire to make him scared of it
and it didn't work.  This was during the spring (our dry season) and he
wanted into the green grass in the garden area and didn't care about the
shock - didn't really even seem to notice it!  It was ultimately 'cured'
when he was sold!  For the most part, though, they all respect it.

Onalee