That story has to be false. On the first account, a true shepherd would not do harm to anyone in his flock!! I also notice I said anyone, not an animal. I believe a real shepherd treats his flock as part of his family.

Go ahead and tell me that I hang around my sheep too much! I have worked with sheep and I have worked in an environment where I had to work closely with people. I prefer sheep!!

Cecil in OKla
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Smith" <mwsmotorspo...@gmail.com>
To: <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Shepherds tactics

plus, how would it eat, defecate, urinate?  ....or heal with a
straight leg, since a lamb with a splint can run like a bullet, so it
would "have" to be carried at all times, if the leg was not splinted
and the shepherd carried it pretty much always...

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM, The Wintermutes