To: <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Help TETANUS????

Hi Cecil,

How old is your lamb?

If he is beyond 30 days old he might have eaten too much of the pellets. I
have never had a problem with oat hay and oats.

I have had a lamb that grew so fast he became deficient in selenium/vitamin E. He was the biggest prettiest lamb out of 100+ lambs. He could not walk and was bloated from laying down on his side. We gave him a BO-SE injection and he was back to normal in 24 hours. We did a repeat shot of BO-SE to be safe 30 days later. This lamb turned out to be one incredible sire. I know
you have had a bad experience with BO-SE before but it does not sound like
you have much to lose to try it this time.

You are already giving anti-biotics, surfactants, and electrolytes.  The
only other suggestion I have is to keep the lamb upright. You might want to make a sling and hang him next to a wall so his feet are beneath him proper. Or just fold his legs (if they will bend) under him and put him up against a
wall.  Just do not let him lie on his side.

I am assuming the lamb is not plugged up.  Make sure there is no blockage
requiring an enema.

Hope he makes it Cecil.  I know you have skills but not all of them live.

Good luck,

Mark Wintermute

It appears to be tetanus /enterotoxemia.

any opinions would be welcome

Cecil in OKla

=======
http://www.pctools.com/