In northern california, we had a couple of freak weeks where we hit
around 79*F in the daytime, and still got frost in the morning. Now
it's raining and there's also a cold front with frosty mornings.

Marley my oldest sire has prematurely shed almost all his winter coat
already and we are still having freezing mornings around here. He
barely has 1/2" long hair on 90% of his body. A couple weeks ago he
had a few small bald spots which grew in.

They are predicting light snow in the San Francisco area valley for
the first time in decades tonite.

Has anyone ever successfully made a horse-blanket kind of poncho thing
for a blackbelly before?

I'd love to hear how you did it.

_MWS