I use WeathaBeeta dog blankets on lambs and sheep as needed THere are some very large sized dog blankets that would fit an adult BB. They are modeled after their brand of horse blankets. While they are weather proof and warm, there is a danger with them for lambs... lambs can get their legs caught in the chest area and be stuck... maybe choke. But in a pinch I use them on lambs. If they only need a bit of warmth, I use dog sweaters because they have holes for the front legs and fit more snugly. Shouldn't have any trouble with an adult getting stuck.

Tracy Wessel
Intention Hill
Blackbelly Sheep and Belgian Shepherds
Columbia Falls MT and Sandy OR

Has anyone ever successfully made a horse-blanket kind of poncho thing
for a blackbelly before?

I'd love to hear how you did it.

_MWS