From: blackbelly-boun...@lists.blackbellysheep.info
[mailto:blackbelly-boun...@lists.blackbellysheep.info] On Behalf Of SHession
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 11:56 AM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [Blackbelly] Sick Sheep

Hi all:

I am fairly new to sheep, and have two seven month old BB ewes.
This
 morning one of them did not want to eat her grain.  They get a small
amount of sheep feed each AM and PM, which is an alfalfa based pellet.
She obviously does not feel well. Her ears are droopy.
Her color and weight are good. Her temperature is 103.5.  After I caught
 her and then let her go again she appeared to vomit. She
 is passing normal stool, and does not appear to be bloated. She is
doing a sort of burpy thing (not like cud chewing), and I think her
stomach is upset.
They
 were out on the pasture (hardly lush) from mid afternoon yesterday til
dark.  I only let them out there when I am home because I do not have
the electric portion of the fence up yet.  Otherwise they are in a pen
inside the pasture with free choice hay. The neighbor's dog came over at
 some point, and was harassing
them, and the sheep were chasing him around the fence line. My vet is closed today, and I have not been able to reach the on call vet. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks,

Sandy Hession