OK great Rod! this was my next question.  No barking, and no jumping
on my 2-year old kid or even acting protective and aggressive (but I
suppose accidental stomping and/or kicking is a serious
consideration).

was going to ask how people do with Llamas or donkeys?  My goat
breeder who is right smack next to the hills in cougar country, has
not had one hit. Her fencing has way less integrity than mine, but she
has always had at least 1 Llama. Now has 3 or 4.

I have heard a female is better than a male to prevent the male from
pestering the animals. But what about a gelded donkey or llama?

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies