On Thursday 10 October 2002 18:09, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > FWIW, openbox does not limit the size of resized window. It might be
> > > helpful to compare the code to make a patch.
> >
> > which is simply accomplished by setting max_height and width to a REALLY
> > big number.  Easily done, Jeremy and Jan you have your solution.  Hack
> > away (-:
>
> Hmm, not to be a PITA, but that's just a hack, not a solution. Yeah,
> yeah, I know, I should look at it and come up with a solution myself.
> Someday, maybe.  I do understand that you don't want to put time and
> effort in this not really crucial aspect.
>
> -Jan

Perhaps my mail downplayed the solution.  Bascially it sets max_height and
width to MAX_INT which is a value it is nearly impossible to get to
otherwise.  As I sat in traffic on my way to get my wife from work today
pondering this thread I think I agree with you and Jeremy that it is indeed
inconsistent and should be fixed.  Most likely with the simple solution from
the openbox code unless it proves to have hidden issues.