On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 08:54:08AM -0600, Jared Lyvers wrote:
> was just wondering what other people here are using for compilation of
> BB on Linux platform.  ie. what flags and config options.

I'm building with GCC-3.4 on i586-pc-linux-gnu

$ CPPFLAGS="-DNDEBUG" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-mmx -finline-limit=100000 \
-fno-check-new -fno-exceptions" ./configure --enable-shape \
--enable-mitshm --enable-xft --enable-shared

Current GCC-3.4 is not building due to allocator changes in the STL
code. The GCC people are making changes right now and things should be
working again shortly ...

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822