On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:06:40 -0800 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 09:46, Dave Serls wrote:
> > I'd like to test the CVS version at the home site.
> > Are there instructions on how/where to download and what
> > versions of build tools are needed, and how to use them.
> > Eh, not asking for much?
> >

> $ cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/blackboxwm login
> > password: (just hit enter here)
> $ cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/blackboxwm -z3 co
> blackbox
> <wait for it (-:>
> $ cd blackbox
> $ cvs update -dP # clear out the cruft, gotta love CVS
> $ ./mk.sh
> $ ./configure # add options as desired
> $ make
> $ make install (or just run it from src/)
>
> As for requirements, pretty standard stuff.  You want automake, autoconf,
> libtool.  Try o get the more recent ones.  Xlibs and probably Xft as well.
> No need for fancy CVS versions.

Now, this is what I call a reason to throw out ob3 (which I had to switch to, because,
of different reasons, I needed compliance with freedesktop.org's WM spec.). It's good
to be back with snappy old number one. ;)

Just one question, though. Which keygrabber should I use? I guess old bbkeys is out of
the game, since it was quite blackbox-specific. What about bbkeys-cvs? Something else?

/Mattias