here is how I have mine.

cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

# start some nice programs

/usr/local/applications/blackbox/bin/blackbox &
/usr/local/applications/gkrellm/gkrellm -w &
/usr/local/applications/blackbox/bin/bbkeys -w -m &

I also have my init set to 3.  As you can see, I have diff directory
than standard.  When I run startx, everything fires up just fine for me.

--

Do or do not, there is no try. --Yoda

onClipEvent (enterFrame){
if (emailsent==0){