::sigh:: I sort of knew this would happen.  I've had trouble with
compiling bbkeys before.  I'm not a C programmer, so maybe it's me.
On the other hand, I can certainly agree with those posting here that
wonder why these tools don't seem to be working right with 0.70...

Anyone want to suggest what I try next?

I've got the Debian source package here (since they seem certain it's
fixed); and also the head of the cvs source.  But I can't get either
of them to compile.

WIth the Debian package ./configure fails with:
////
[...]
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: XOpenDisplay not found in -lX11
////

I know -l is a library, but it seems to be saying the library is
there, but wrong...

The CVS source I can't even get as far as automake (wrong automake
version?  How do I find out which is the right one!?):
/////
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear
in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/////

Any help would be wonderful...

Andy.
--