In the gothic chambers of the underworld on Wed 30 May 2001 at 10:45 -0400,
Jeff Raven muttered darkly:

>    A) None. Just encourage people to use exec or & in their
>       menu items. (Or force everyone to use bash :)
>    B) Eliminate the ability to run compound commands in menu
>       items and rootCommands.
>    C) Eliminate the ability to run compound commands in menu
>       items, but leave it in for rootCommands.
>    D) Provide two menu items, say [exec] and [cexec]; the first
>       would just use "sh", the second "sh -c". rootCommand would
>       still use "sh -c". For the most part this would make things
>       work like they used to before the exec code was changed.
>    E) Provide two menu items, say [exec] and [sexec]; the first
>       using "sh -c" and the second using "sh". rootCommand would
>       still use "sh -c".
>
> My impression is that people mostly use compound commands in
> their rootCommands, in which case I would favor C...

i use compound menu commands. i think they're helpful for things like
setting the working directory and redirecting output. so i vote for d.

t.

--
4.0k -rw-rw-r--    1 zork     zork       17 Apr 4 17:38 .signature