Eric Hanson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Immagine having compile time options.  These options are set to 'no' by
> default so you don't have to do anything if you don't want the code in
> blackbox. Because the code isn't compiled in, you don't get the code
> installed with blackbox.  However people that want stuff in, would have
> it included.  I wouldn't duplicate code from app to app, it would work
> with each new blackbox version, and it wouldn't have to use X as a
> middleman.

One question, what then happens when a user of BB that did not include these
then decides that they would like to use one of them?  A recompile of BB
just to add an app that could (and as we all know by now, in my opinion
should) be an independent application?  Or, are we now looking at the
possibility of maintaining two distributions of each app, one in BB and one
as a stand alone app?  Neither of these (recompile or multiple
distributions) seems like a good way to do things to me.  I'm open to
suggestions (contrary to the way it may appear), but I'm looking for good
solid reasons that a change should be made.

Jamin W. Collins