Hi,

I was not saying that I thought it should be a part of Blackbox. My statements
clarified:

1. This is what Blackbox would have been under continued development. I mean, what is
added here is the keyboard support and a "taskbar". Both these features has been
offered as patches for BB on the BB site, and is functionality that a lot of people
need (and some don't).

2. I was asking if Blackbox and Fluxbox are going to be two separate projects, or if
Fluxbox actually is/will be the continuation of the Blackbox project (this based on
somewhat conflicting postings in this thread). I have no strong opinion on this, I
just wanted to know how Blackbox and Fluxbox are "related" :)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:34:48 -0500
Jason vanRijn Kasper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|Umm.  I'm not sure I agree with your statement, but that's beside the
|point.  There's no way that fluxbox will ever make its way into blackbox.
|

|On 2001.11.08 23:07 Christian Dysthe wrote:
|> Hi,
|>
|> I have Fluxbox running now. This is what BB would have been if it had
|> been actively developed. I like it. I would like to know if we are going
|> to see two parallel projects here, or if actually Fluxbox is going to end
|> up becoming the continuation of Blackbox.
|>
|> And I guess Fluxbox will be off topic on this list? :)
|>
|> On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:01:21 -0800
|> Justin Rebelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|>
|> |Blackbox is not being currently developed. It doesn't need much work,
|> |though, anyways. However, some people have picked up the code and
|> |started a new project called "Fluxbox" with it. I know how stubborn bb
|> |users are (since I am one), but this really is a cool project. It's
|> |identical to current version of BB but with extra features added, such
|> |as having bbkeys built in so that you dont have to run a second app to
|> |manage keybinds. Also, the application tabs are awesome. I would not
|> |accept them at first because I am so conservative with my WMs, but this
|> |stuff is really great, it helps alot for keeping things minimal. Alot of
|>
|> |screenshots make flux look ass ugly, but thats just coincidence. You can
|>
|> |compare them on my desktop screenshots running the same theme, one in bb
|>
|> |and one in flux. Check em out at
|> |
|> |http://www.rebelo.ca/fluxbox/
|> |
|> |You can get flux and more info from fluxbox.sourceforge.net.
|> |
|> |And no, I am not a developer plugging my own app, I am just a user who
|> |really thinks you guys should check this out.
|> |
|> |Justin Rebelo
|> |
|> |Mark Hill wrote:
|> |

|> helpful. Lots of dead links. Is Blackbox out of development, or is it a
|> new site somewhere that I am not aware of?

|> window maximizes it instead of shading it?

|> the compile completed. Are there binaries available somewhere?

|> I do not need the keyhole, but I need the functionality. :)

|> |

|> --
|> Kind Regards,
|> Christian Dysthe.

|--

--
Christian Dysthe
http://www.dysthe.net

"Two wrongs doesn't make a right, but three lefts do."