On Tue, Nov13,01 10:00, Craig Thrall wrote:
> > Now that I think about it...it does sound like it
> > could be useful to have chained keybindings. I'm often
> > running Win4lin or a vnc connection, and currently,
> > I've got no way to Alt+Tab in Windows if I've got
> > bbkeys set up to capture it. Now in general, I'd like
> > bbkeys to handle the alt+Tab, but say if I pressed
> > alt+M then alt+Tab, then pass that on to the current
> > window. Not even sure if it could work that way, but
> > just getting my opinion out in the open.
>
> I've had a similar experience...running vern (http://oneguycoding.com/vern/)
> on Windows alongside XFree86 compiled with Cygwin leads to a situation where
> blackbox and vern are both grabbing keys if I'm currently using the desktop
> that's got blackbox running and want to switch to another Windows desktop.
> Sorry...that's confusing.
>
> Anyways, in this situation, which sounds similar to using bbkeys with
> Win4lin or vnc, would chained bindings help or not?  Does bbkeys "pass on"
> keystrokes to other apps if it decides it's not mapped in bb?  Or do ALL
> keys grabbed by bbkeys never get seen by other Windows apps?

Well, obviously if all keys were grabbed by bbkeys, then you wouldn't be
able to type much. So, in BB, you'd setup ^Z + Alt+TAB to change windows,
and then just plain old Alt+TAB is avail for any Virtual environments that
you're running, and so on.

> Need more coffee to make sense...

Coca Cola!

DC

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All men by nature desire to know." -- Aristotle.