* Roman Neuhauser ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>     To answer my own question, and so that it's archived:
>     the keymap file (.bbkeysrc) is not the same as the style file
>     (bbtools/bbkeys.bb). Looks like the -c switch is meant for the latter
>     one, and bbkeys doesn't respond to any mapped keypresses if you point
>     it at .bbkeysrc with -c.

A few days ago I created just such a patch, and should be in the
mailing list archives by now. It has been accepted for inclusion in
the next release of bbkeys which, from what I hear, should happen any
day now. If you can't wait, it's in the CVS tree, which seems to be
pretty stable right now, so feel free to grab the newest tree.

>     There is one glitch I can see: currently, bbkeysconf and the like don't
>     have to look where the actual keymap file resides: it's hardcoded as
>     ~/.bbkeysrc. This could be solved like this: the path to the keymap file
>     would be specified in the style file, and bbkeysconf would look for it
>     there. If the style file doesn't contain the directive, just dump it
>     to the standard place.

vanRijn, the author of bbkeys, told me he was in the process of
changing that. However, I don't think it will be changed in
bbkeysconf. I think that configurator has been superceded by bbconf;
look for the changes there.

>     Oh, the bbkeys docs are full of stuff like "the other config file". As
>     you might have noticed, changing the terminology to "keymap file" and
>     "style file" could help get rid of this confusion.

This, perhaps, is the reason why the newest release of bbkeys hasn't
hit the press yet. Feel free to modify the docs if you like, and
submit the changes. I'm sure every developer would like to see the
contribution of documentation. :)

scott
--
Copyleft (c) 2001, Scott Moynes