In message: Re: website - _basic_ design available
(<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
on 28/12/2001 (Fri 12:41) Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > Maybe it's just me, I kinda like dark backgrounds, it seems.
> >

> notice the big companies always use light bg with dark text in their
> apps, prints, sites, etc.  Some of this is to mimic the feel of paper,
> but there is also some UI history and research there.

I remember hearing way back in the days when WP 5.1 was new that the
choice to move from the more traditional white-on-blue text to black on
light-grey was for that very reason.  That a lot of their market
research suggested very dark text on a much lighter background was
easier on the eyes.  Having spent the last few months working in a
bright office even with the lights off, I can attest that my 27-year-old
eyes are much happier looking at dark-grey on light-grey than my
preferred home style of light-grey on black.  :-)

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald
:wq