On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:33:57 -0600
"Jamin W. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, here's a quick stab, for those of you interested.
>
> It locates all windows (at least those reported by xlsclients) and
> starts gathering information about them.  Then stores this information
> in"~/.bbsession".

In looking at this after I posted, I realized that I might want to
meantion that there are some apps I don't seem to be able to get good
information on.  In most cases the window id that xlsclients retruns at
the command line for these apps is not the same as the window id that
xprop returns via interactive mode.  As a result, I'm not able to get
proper information concerning the location and geometry of these windows.
So, for now the script posted previously doesn't make an entry for
anything it can't locate workspace information on.  Figured it was better
not to make the entry than to make a wrong one.

Apps I've found exhibiting this problem:

- Sylpheed v0.6.6 (haven't had a chance to check newer versions yet)
- Dillo v0.6.4
- sjog v0.5-5
- gkrellm v1.2.8

The script as posted should echo information it gathers about the running
applications.  If there is no information on the "Blackbox Attributes"
line, there will be no entry made in the "~/.bbsession" file.

Jamin W. Collins