On Thu, Apr18,02 08:34, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 18-Apr-2002 Derek Cunningham wrote:
> >> you ever seen waimea?
> >
> > heard of it awhile ago.. never looked at it though.
> >
> >> i looked at it a while ago and
> >> it looked neat, who knows where it will go.
> >
> > Yeah.. it sounds neat.. the action-thingys sound cool, for sure.
> >

> I actually have a printed copy of waimea circa Jan 2002 on my desk (along with
> the 300 odd double sided pages of blackbox 0.61.1).  The fellow has some
> interesting approaches to coding and he definately simplified some of the
> blackbox code.

heh... printed copies, that's funny, must be a pretty big book, ey?

> However this simplification came at a price.  He removed
> multihead support, the i18n code, portability in general and a few other things
> I am forgetting.  But there are good ideas there.

Well, I don't use multiheads yet, but plan to in the distant future, I don't
believe I require i18n support... but I'm not sure what that is, and I only
use linux so portability isn't totally important... but still, why would you
delete things like that?! ugh...

DC

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Human beings act intelligently only after they have
exhausted the alternatives" -- Abba Eban

Registered Linux User Number 195825