On 05 Jun 2002 11:27:50 -0400
"Matthew Weier O'Phinney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why do most of the good X window managers have 0.xx versions after years
> of development?
>
> For example, I've used Enlightenment (various versions from 0.14.x
> through 0.16.5), WindowMaker (from versions 0.75 - 0.80.0), and
> currently BlackBox (various 0.6x versions). Why have none of them
> released a 1.x or above?

A better question would be why is a 1.x version release of importance?
Many tend to think of a 1.x release as an indication of stability (i.e.
first release).  This is really nothing more than a "warm fuzzy" in my
opinion.  Version numbers indicate degree of change.  Has there been
significant enough change to warrant a 1.x version number?  Well, that's
entirely subjective.

I don't know that any of the projects I maintain will reach a 1.x version
any time soon simply because of the stigma that is associated with it.

I'm not a BB developer (beyond periodic bug reports and other spoutings).
So, these are only my personal opinions (as always).

--
Jamin W. Collins