On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:07:19PM +0100, Chris Phillips wrote:
> hi, i'm not sure if this is within the scope of blackbox or wether it is
> just a fundamental X issue, but i find then when i use blackbox on my dual
> head system the mouse location alone doesn't determine which head will
> recieve key strokes...

There has to be something on the other head to receive focus.  There used
to be an effort to make the taskbar itself be the object that was available
for this, but with the effort all the forks and blackbox itself seem to be
making to eliminate the taskbar, I think that's been undone.

I know xOr is working in openbox to allow a click on the root window to
receive focus, but I don't know how far along that is.

Myself, I cheat.  I have a menu entry that pops up an xmessage window
that's set to disappear after one second.  Since the xmessage window
launches on the same head you pop the menu on, it has the effect of
switching focus.

Try it... might work for you. :)

        [exec] (focus) {xmessage "focus" -timeout 1 -buttons '' -nearmouse
        -xrm '*Translations: #override <BtnDown>: exit(0)' -xrm
        '*message.borderWidth: 0'}

(all one line, of course)

--
Marc Wilson