Gerrit Hoetzel wrote:

>Why are you using that integrated blackbox menu, at all?
>Many people on this list want keyboard navigation, popup on key, ...

Well, if you ask 10 different people how they usually work with their
desktop/X environment, you are likely to get 10 different answers. It's
simply a feature that would suit my needs very well(and perhaps other
people's needs as well). So it couldn't hurt to post a request.

>Personally, I only use the blackbox menu to shutdown blackbox (and even
>this could be accomplished with a 'killall blackbox').
>
>Why don't you use other means of starting an app?
>For my personal use I wrote a small gtk-app, which pops up (using bbkeys)
>and offers a list of programs among which I can choose a program to
>start. I hit return, the menu shuts down and the program is started.

I bet it is simpler to implement the blackbox keyboard menu popup than
write a dedicated launch application. Why would I want to reinvent the
wheel when the very nice blackbox menu already exists ?

>One could develope another bbx app, which does about that and reads the
>default blackbox menuFile.

Hmm... Why ? That's what the blackbox menu is there for :). I would
consider this overkill

I like my blackbox menu =)