Randy McMurchy wrote:
> The Oldfellow wrote these words on 06/05/05 06:07 CST:
>
>>TheOldFellow wrote:
>>

>>>What's the policy on new packages in the BLFS book?
>

> Hi Richard,
>
> It looks good. I considered adding Bluefish to the book a long time
> ago, but since the dependencies were straightforward, it was CMMI,
> and we already had so many editors in the book, I thought it wouldn't
> go over very well.
>
> Actually, the biggest thing however, was that it was not a WYSIWYG
> editor. I was hoping it was something similar to FrontPage or
> PageMaker.
>
> I'll let Bruce make a decision on the package, and if he says run
> with it, I'll commit your changes.

Randy,

Thanks for the reply.  I like Bluefish for markup because it ISN'T
WYSIWYG - it's easy to set up an external viewer anyway.  My view is
that you want to see the markup - not the result of it - in the editor,
so from that perspective it's as WYSIWYG as vim or emacs.  I also want
to learn one editor well and use it for everything, but I don't like
emacs even after using it for 20 years.

For HTML, OpenOffice's HTML editor is very like FrontPage, and it's
already ITB (in the book).  Mind you, it REALLY screws up my XHTML-1.1,
so it's best for those quick pages that have to look good, but to hell
with the standards...

For big jobs I tend to start in LATEX and then use latex2html, anything
else detracts from the job of getting the words right before the
presentation.  I use LYX for input.

R.