Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 06/14/05 06:32 CST:

> Remember this?
>
> " Not sure if it's better, but it's shorter:
>
> sed -i '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/\* \(.*BYTE.*\) \*/@\1@' \
>      include/freetype/config/ftoption.h "

Yes. I should have clarified myself more. We use a sed instead of
a patch for two reasons. One, it is easier to maintain, and two,
it presents more information to the reader.

My whole point, which I failed to mention, was that the short
sed, where just one word in the line happens to match only one
line in the file, makes it where one must grep the file in order
to see what the hell is being done.

I was passing the *entire line* on purpose, allowing readers to
quickly see exactly what was being done, without having to grep
or use any other tool to figure it out.

Unfortunately, for folks that may type the commands in, it is a
bit more tedious. But I seriously doubt many guys type in the
commands from the majority of the packages in the BLFS book,
unlike the LFS book.

--
Randy

08:55:00 up 73 days, 8:28, 2 users, load average: 0.11, 0.13, 0.05