Randy McMurchy wrote:

And so forth and so on as I think of (and y'all provide) more ideas
to include on this page.

'ddd' I believe is the preferred (read stable & currently well-maintained) GUI frontend for gdb. Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/ Download URL: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ddd/ddd-3.3.11.tar.gz. The only other decent frontend I know of is 'insight', from Redhat.

Boost is a collection of portable C++ libraries, for such common functionality as date/time parsing, filesystem operations and command-line option handling. Homepage: http://www.boost.org/ Download URL: (sourceforge mirror).

You may also want to mention one of Scons, CMake or the like (i.e. potential 'make' alternatives).

Hope this is useful,

Matt.