Tushar Teredesai wrote these words on 09/01/05 23:05 CST:

> I don't think it would be that big a problem. Would just mean that the
> dependent apps would need a CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/heimdal" before
> the configure. Additionally, if heimdal includes a heimdal-config
> script or .pc files, the CPPFLAGS change may not even be required. Of
> course there is no way to know unless one has tried it:)

Tush, I'm not sure that you understand how many packages can utilize
GSSAPI. Moz, firefox, thunderbird, every MTA, curl, almost every
networking application links to it, and on and on. Why should we make
changes to all these package instructions, when the fix can be
implemented in just the Heimdal package?

I *use* heimdal on many machines in my network. My most recent build
shows that we can put the Glibc headers back after installation of
Heimdal and things continue normally. There really is no reason to
modify all these packages. This would be a lot of work, Tush, for
really no reason.

I am doing another round of testing. Heimdal is one of the first
packages I always install. Then, I ensure that all packages can link
successfully and work as designed.

It's my opinion that this is a workable solution, with only a couple
of changes required to the Heimdal instructions.

--
Randy

23:13:00 up 152 days, 22:46, 3 users, load average: 1.14, 1.00, 0.67