On 9/2/05, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tushar Teredesai wrote these words on 09/02/05 00:00 CST:
>
> > Will have to check which files are overwritten and take action
> > accordingly. Let's see, can only tell you how it goes after I install
> > it:)
>
> Tushar, don't get me wrong. I want to do what is best for the book.
> If you would like to go behind me and try other things, then great.

This is not about going behind you or trying to undermine you. It was
just a suggestion to make life a bit easier for both kinds of builders
so as to minimize the deviation from the book.

> However, do know that a Kerberos installation, more than *any* other
> package in BLFS (or available anywhere for that matter) will affect
> you machine in ways you can't imagine.

I recommend you put the changes that you mention in the book since I
am currently in the middle of gnome installation, don't want to go
back and re-install a bunch of packages to use heimdal and check.

Though one thing I am wary of in the heimdal installation. It replaces
a properly version libss.so library from e2fsprogs by an unversioned
one.

Another nitpick (which may not be valid). The book states that
berkeley db is a required dependency but configure has a
--disable-berkeley-db switch.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]