Randy McMurchy wrote:
I'll disagree here. There are many useful GTK+-1 applications out
there. XMMS being one of them. Noted on the XMMS home page:

"For the fifth year in a row XMMS has been voted Favourite Audio
Tool by the readers of LinuxJournal."

Not that their self-advertising is worth a whole bunch, but still,
this must mean folks still use the package. In fact, I'd say more
audio developers create XMMS plugins than all other plugins combined
for the other tools.

My experience has been that Beep http://www.sosdg.org/~larne/w/BMP_Homepage is
an excellent gtk2 drop in replacement for Xmms. Xmms plugins work fine with
Beep.