Andrew Benton wrote these words on 10/16/05 12:30 CST:

> About libXdamage, no, XFree86-4.5.0 doesn't install it.

Thanks for the info.

> Gnome-mag will compile without it but it doesn't work.

Is this new? It used to work just fine when I was using XFree.
And it works just fine now with Xorg. Is there something we
need to add to the book about this? Please expand on "it
doesn't work".

> There should be some mechanism for clearing cr^* from BLFS. If a package is
> in BLFS it should be a mark of endorsement, that this is a good package. If
> you don't clear out the old rubbish the book will steadily fill up with
> things that previous editors liked but which have now gone stale.

Please give examples. Your idea is good, but without some examples of
packages that you consider could be removed, how can we even begin to
consider the idea. I realize you mentioned Sawfish. I don't use it,
don't know a thing about it, nor have I ever attempted to build it.
Can't speak for others.

> There are plenty of other things that should be in BLFS. A peer to peer
> application (Gtk-Gnutella) a GUI video editor (avi-demux) and the file
> browser ROX

Andy, please submit hints, or better yet, an addition to the book via
the XML sources. This is the quickest, best way to get something added.
Barring your submitting anything, what you mention is simply a wish
list.

--
Randy

21:56:00 up 22 days, 6:20, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.07