Randy McMurchy wrote:
Now, it appears that we are recommending dependencies, and
modifying the book accordingly, on opinions. It shouldn't be that
way. Opinions are way too subjective, and what one guy thinks is
important, is needless to another.

Seems to me this is exactly the kind of thing that should be a `Recommended'
dependency. If someone has a printer and wants to use the Gimp to prepare them
then it makes sense to install gimp-print. On the other hand if, they don't
have a printer and will just be using the Gimp to prepare pictures for the web
or whatever, then they know they don't have to install gimp-print. It's not
`required', it's only `recommended'. As you say, what one guy thinks is
important, is needless to another.

Andy