On 3/15/06, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As far as I know, what needs to be done is:
>
> * --libdir=/usr/share for all the font packages.  This resolves as
> fontdir=${libdir}/X11/fonts/misc (or whichever package you're on)
> * --fontdir=/usr/share/X11/fonts for xorg-server
> * symlinks to OTF and TTF in /usr/share/fonts

Whoops, I'm seeing a couple more that may throw a wrench in the works.
 This is all according to paldo.

font-util probably needs --libdir=/usr/share
libfontenc probably needs --with-encodingsdir=/usr/share/X11/fonts.
Juerg's building libXfont with make FONTDIR=/usr/share/X11/fonts

http://www.paldo.org/paldo/specs/font-util.xml
http://www.paldo.org/paldo/specs/fontenc.xml
http://www.paldo.org/paldo/specs/xfont.xml

That would throw off the "Build all the packages with these commands."
 Sorry, guys.  I got way ahead of myself before.  Seems like the plan
to let X do the defaults but build fontconfig with --without-add-fonts
and make symlinks in /usr/share/fonts is the most sensible thing to do
for the book.

--
Dan