On 20/03/06, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/20/06, Krendoshazin Amor e Morte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I did some checking on the O4 flag, basically it's the O3 flag but
> > begins hardware specific tuning, IPA and high order transformations.
>
> I'm fairly certain that with gcc, only -O[0123] and -Os are respected:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.0.3/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options
>
> --
> Dan
> --

I noticed that aswell, and you're probably right about that, I think
the information on the O4 flag I read was for the XL C/C++ compiler,
the O4 flag, so it may be added in the future if it doesn't exist now.
I'm using gcc 4.1 at the moment and it doesn't seem to be in my
manpage either, so O3 is probably the highest.