Chris Staub wrote:
Also, I was wondering whether Mesa is really "optional" for xorg-server. I've tried building the server without Mesa (of course removing the configure option referring to Mesa's source dir) but it's always failed, with an error about not finding <GL/gl.h>. Am I just missing something?

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-July/000552.html

The glx extension should be disabled by not supplying GL headers and/or mesa source dir, at least it should according to the above thread. --disable-GL fixed that old problem. This is not the case now. I supplied both --disable-glx and --disable-dri to bypass the GL check in configure, but didn't look to see if --disable-dri by itself will bypass the check, however, --disable-glx does not! Later, that build failed in XpConfig, so I added --disable-xprint and the build completes successfully. I'll attempt to make a mention of this in the book in the command explanations section. Will be posted here for review first.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas