Hi all,

Not having done a BLFS release before, and there appears to be no
information in the Editor's Guide or elsewhere (I realize Bruce
has a personal checklist), I'm sort of winging it as I go. Because
the 6.2.0 release will be (hopefully) updated to a 6.2.1 release,
I'm thinking the best way to go is as follows:

1. Copy trunk to a 6.2.0 tag
2. Copy trunk to a 6.2.1 branch
3. Make the appropriate edits in the 6.2.0 tag to reflect the changes
   from SVN-<Date> to 6.2.0 versioning
4. Render the book in HTML and install it on quantum
5. Render the book in PDF and install it on quantum
6. Make the appropriate messages on the BLFS web site to reflect the
   6.2.0 release
7. Send out appropriate messages to the various mailing lists
   announcing the 6.2.0 release
8. After the 6.2.0 release, all changes will go to trunk, and all
   changes compatible with LFS-6.2 will be merged into the 6.2.1
   branch

Of course, none of this really has anything to do with today's
release of 6.2.0-rc1 which to me is nothing more than an svn copy
from trunk to a 6.2.0-rc1 tag, and rendering the various formats
of the book and installing them on quantum, updating the web site
and sending out messages to the mailing lists.

This message is more geared to the actual 6.2.0 release on 2/14.

Please, anyone with experience or thoughts about the plan, jump
in and provide your comments. Thanks.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
18:44:00 up 21 days, 18:58, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.03