On 2/16/07, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One thing. Jürg has a patch in Paldo that would affect how external
> Python modules using distutils (i.e., setup.py) are built.
>
> http://www.paldo.org/paldo/sources/Python/Python-2.5-build-fix-1.patch.bz2

So, I talked to Jürg about this. He said that the reason for the patch
was that when he was building Python with --enable-shared and there
wasn't an existing Python installation, it was bombing looking for
-lpython2.5. Apparently, the -L path was getting screwed up and this
patch was his way to fix it.

But, if you guys have built on a fresh system with --enable-shared and
everything worked fine, then let's just forget about this for now. On
my testing, I was just building in my home directory with an existing
2.4 installation on the system.

I can forward his email if anyone would like to see it.

--
Dan