> I know for sure that it can cause problems with the tab completion.
Well I have problems with tab completion. On some directories tab
completion simply doesn't work. For example

$ ls /mnt/data/mp3/The\ Devil\'s\ Rejects\ -\ OST/

After that I can press tab all I want but nothing shows up. Just
pressing enter shows the directory listing but tab completion doesn't
work. This happens with only a few directories with various names. I
don't know for sure if the \' matters.

Anyways, unsetting PS1 or any other exported variable doesn't matter.
Is this a bash problem or some directory problem?