Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Jonathan Oksman wrote these words on 03/17/07 12:36 CST:
>

>> I'm certain that this restriction will no longer apply if compiled
>> against PAM, I'll post back with the results.  If all works well,
>> perhaps PAM could be listed as a Recommended prerequisite to sudo.
>>

> I cannot see us ever "recommending" that PAM be installed. Instead,
> it would probably be best to mention that if you need to use passwords
> with SUDO, you're likely to need PAM installed.
>
> I can't help but think that the majority of folks using SUDO, use it
> on a no-password basis.

As far as I know, In the future HAL is going to require PolicyKit which
requires D-BUS (glib binding) and PAM. When PAM is setup right it can
actually be used to do a lot more then just authenticating shell logins.
For example, I also use it to manage access to my ftp server (vsftpd).
I'm curious why you don't recommend it?