blfs-dev hi!
Please be informed that your book rocks!
I have just finished my blfs build (down to a full kde)
and this is my first mail from the new system.
I used the latest svnblfs-book
on top of the latest svnlfs system with only
a few changes namely:
linux-2.6.20.7
XFree86-4.6.99.21
freetype-2.1.10
(with latest freetype I had problems with XFree86)
and everything seems to be OK.
During the build I encountered just a few
(minor) problems as follows.

DOXYGEN --with-doxywizard
fails because apparently is unable to locate
headers in /usr/include/qt, so I gave it a slight push with
sed -i 's|../../src|../../src:/usr/include/qt|' \
addon/doxywizard/doxywizard.pro.in

In order to get full service from KFloppy
I installed  the dosfstools-2.11 package.
Furthermore I nead to create symlink
ln -s /dev/fd0 /dev/fd0h1440

In order to enhance the stock of available print
drivers I installed foomatic packages, and now
I can easely configure my bubblejet Canon.

For kdemultimedia I added --sysconfdir=/etc/kde
otherwise
/opt/kde-3.5.6/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged
is created in order to store a file

many thanks
Lefteris Dimitroulakis