On 5/24/07, Lefteris Dimitroulakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Στις Thursday 24 May 2007 03:48:41 ο/η Dan Nicholson έγραψε:
> <snip>
> > I scraped off a ton of diffs from upstream to allow building against
> > newer freetype. It builds for me, but I didn't actually run it. Do you
> > think you could try upgrading freetype and rebuilding XFree86 with
> > this patch? It's a monster.
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/XFree86/XFree86-4.6.0-fre
> >etype_internals-1.patch
> >
> > I'd appreciate if you could do that, but if you don't have time, I'll
> > find some other way to test it out.

> I would be more than happy to make the test.
> My only problem is the time.
> I can only spare a couple of hours per working day.
> Any how I am planing to make a complete rebuild
> starting from now, and if all go well I am expecting
> to be ready for reporting in  less than 24 hours from now.

Great. It's no rush. I certainly understand that people have time
constraints. Anyway, I committed it to the book anyway. Until it
master copy gets regenerated, you can see it here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/blfs-xfree86/x/xfree86.html

Just a note saying "Yes it works" or not would be fine. I don't think
there are too many people building XFree86 around here anymore, so any
extra info from people helps a lot.

--
Dan