On 5/27/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lefteris Dimitroulakis wrote:
> > In order to get full service from KFloppy
> > I installed  the dosfstools-2.11 package.
> > Furthermore I nead to create symlink
> > ln -s /dev/fd0 /dev/fd0h1440
>
> This is because udev is misconfigured in LFS. The proper solution is to use
> the create_floppy_devices script from udev rules, as other distributions do.

Ah. Then let's do that. Something like this (in SuSE)?

# additional floppy devices (no sysfs entries)
KERNEL=="fd[0-9]*", ACTION=="add", ATTRS{cmos}=="?*",
RUN+="create_floppy_devices -c -t $attr{cmos} -m %M -M 0640 -G disk
$root/%k"

We would want that in addition to our GROUP= setting, right? I'm not
familiar with what create_floppy_devices does.

--
Dan