On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:58:17PM +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 21:04:27 +0000
> Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > 4. Webkitgtk - Andy added --with-gtk-2.0 : that needs to be changed
> > to an option, because gnome-3 needs it to be built with gtk+-3.0
>
> Fair enough. I added the --with-gtk-2.0 because the gimp can use
> webkit-1.0 if it's available. As long as it's discussed in the command
> explanations people can compile webkit how they need.

 Thanks.
> > Similarly Wayne
> > is using libexecdir=/usr/lib/webkit-3.0 and --enable-introspection,
> > I guess the libexecdir could arguably be /usr/lib/webkit-1.0 when
> > building with gtk+-2.
>
> Couldn't we just accept that /usr/libexec exists? Also, why does webkit
> need to be told about libexecdir? It doesn't install anything
> into /usr/libexec for me.
>
> Andy
 For accepting /usr/libexec - I'm mostly in favour : if upstream
want to use it, that's their decision.  I think it probably violates
the fhs, which will be why the book has avoided it.  'Mostly'
because there are occasional packages such as dhcp which use weird
other (not libexec) directory locations - some conformance with
custom and practice is nice.

 For webkit - you're right.  I think Wayne has specified everything in
case it is needed.  Somethng else to review after merging.

ĸen