On 05/02/2012 02:08 PM, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Wed, 02 May 2012 12:47:33 +0100
> "Armin K."<kre...@email.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 05/02/2012 12:58 PM, a...@linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>> Author: andy
>>> Date: 2012-05-02 04:58:33 -0600 (Wed, 02 May 2012)
>>> New Revision: 10058
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>      trunk/BOOK/x/lib/gtk+3.xml
>>
>> Next time discuss before reverting my work, ok?
>>
>> http://www.gtk.org/
>>
>> it's GTK+, not Gtk ... And since we have two versions, I put GTK+-3 (It
>> could be GTK+ 3 also= ...
>
> Sorry, I was just trying to make it more consistent across the book.
> Links to the Gtk 2 page show as gtk+-2.24.10 and links to Gtk 3 show as
> GTK+-3.4.1. It seems inconsistent to have one as ALL CAPITALS and the
> other as all lower case. We could make them all capitals if you want,
> but when Bruce brought up the subject of links lately
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2012-April/022891.html
> I got the impression that we agreed that the title should match the
> package file name

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.4/gtk+-3.4.1.tar.xz

It's still gtk+3 not gtk 3 (And I prefer to capitalize everything since
upstream called it that way). If you set title to the GTK+, then set
everything else. I really don't care for GTK+2 ... You could switch them
to the same format if it was necesary, but don't revert other people's
work (like you did on the cairo page, even tough comment explained
everything).

> And for what it's worth, I wrote the Gtk 3 page. It's not "my" work as
> it's part of the book. It belongs to all of us.
>
> Andy

"my work" ->
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-book/2012-April/031971.html -
check gtk3.xml modifications.