On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:24:56 +0100
"Armin K." <kre...@email.com> wrote:

> Hm, maybe this was already mentioned somewhere, but I am curious. Is
> there any good reason why BLFS instructions use installer method for
> Mozilla products? What was wrong with make install? IIRC, that was used
> for quite long time, wasn't it.

The current instructions explain that you can make install if you want
all the development libraries and headers. The reason that isn't the
default is that it installs an extra 30 MB or so of files that most
people don't need. I also like to show people how to use the installer
to make a tarball like the ones you can download from Mozilla.

Andy