On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:33:02 +0100
Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>  Striving for perfection is the enemy of good enough.  I'm in the
> 'good enough' camp.
>
>  I think that the BLFS book was originally much smaller than it is
> today - compare 5.0 in the archive.  If it has to be nearer to
> "perfect" than I prefer, reading all the details will take a very
> long time.  Meanwhile, the world marches on.  The more a release is
> delayed by polishing the contents, the more it will be out of date,
> and the harder it will be to explain why anyone would want to read it
> instead of using the development book.

Exactly. To me, a release of BLFS is of interest only as an entry in
the archive that we can look back on. People should always be using the
svn book as there will always be improvements.

I think having some sort of package freeze is an inconvenience that
will get in the way of the important day to day work of maintaining the
book.

Andy