On 08/21/2012 12:18 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Oracle is not playing nice.
>
> http://blog.mariadb.org/disappearing-test-cases/
>
> What do you think about dropping mysql and replacing with mariadb?
>
>     -- Bruce

I am also not qualified, but as Randy pointed out "MariaDB is an
alternative, not a replacement for MySQL.", so it is not the same. This
looks to me like when OpenOffice.org got forked as LibreOffice because
of Oracle.

Also, as Matt pointed out, most users really don't care about running
testcases, so I suggest we don't do anything just yet. You can add
MariaDB as an alternative (new page) to MySQL with proper warnings/links
and such if you desire so.

If things continue the way like they do now, I guess other distros will
do something about it. If they decide to drop it or replace it, we can
follow. But I wouldn't like for BLFS to be an exception just yet or to
hurry somewhere what could be solved in some time.

Short story: Give it some more time.